Visualizzazioni totali

mercoledì 13 dicembre 2017

Caleb Chisha: 'Zambians Artist - “… and the dream came true”

Caleb Chisha

Born in 1986 in Ndola, Zambia, Chisha lives and works in Lusaka. He is a self-taught artist and created his first art- works when he was in high school. At that time he also joined the Visual Arts Council, that helped him practice and improve his skills and technique. In a short space of time, basically since 2010, when he caught the public’s eye at the age of 24 Caleb Chisha has rapidly established him- self as one of Zambia’s most gifted young painters. Chisha works in association with the Zambia UK Art Collective.
The works, currently on exhibition for South Facing share a a common theme: The Duality of Cultural Evolution. He focuses on this within Zambia. You will notice that a lot of his works focus on people, often times children and he does this probe and question how uniquely Zambian artifacts are impacted for the good or bad. While change over time is an inevitability, sometimes it brings positive impacts, other times negative and these changes occur in concert.

 Song of the broken heart. . Oil on canvas 2012

If Wishes Were Horses, 84 x 90cm,
(oil on canvas) by Caleb Chisha

Incest, 85cm x 115cm, (oil on canvas),
by Caleb Chisha

I can do it, 53 x 67cm (oil on canvas)
by Caleb Chisha

 Chew gum (60cm x 40cm) pencil on paper, by Caleb Chisha

 Second Creation (oil on canvas) by Caleb Chisha

 Naming a child.. oil on canvas 2012

 Bufi.... oil on canvas 2012

 Creation. . Oil on canvas 2013

 Mom will kill me. .. oil on canvas 2013

 The reflection of lusaka. Oil on board 2013

Choices. . Oil on canvas. 2013

All good, 2014 (65cm 40cm) oil on canvas, by Caleb Chisha

 Caleb Chisha - tap water

Its my time, 2014, (70cm x 65cm) oil on canvas, by Caleb Chisha

Nude... oil on canvas 2014

 Natural beauty. .. oil on canvas. 2014

 At the end of the day

 Beyond my past

 Cold bath

 A bucket to share

 Unknown destination

Paint my life

 Teach me how to fight






 Artist Caleb Chisha writes:
Have received a thousand calls and messages from people, coz of this body art I did on Iris Kaingu, it's unfortunate most Zambian people don't understand what art is and the message behind this work I did...





Unshackled, 2016
 Oil on canvas 90cm x 70cm 

The Right Tool, 2016
Oil on canvas 90cm x 70cm 

Girlhood, 2016
Oil on canvas 90cm x 70cm 

YouTube1280 × 720Ricerca tramite immagine
Caleb Chisha (The artist) shows off some of his works #Hi5

Nala by Caleb Chisha

 The Root, 2016
 Oil on canvas 140cm x 90cm 

 The day b4 Christmas. . Oil on canvas 2016

 Akalyashi. . Oil on canvas 2016

Whats For Me, by Caleb Chisha

 Contemporary dancer
Stephanie Thomasen
by Caleb Chisha


A dancer from the Dansekapellet centre
in Copenhagen by Caleb Chisha 



Training day.. Oil on canvas 2017







 


“Art transports me into a world where I am able to do and be whatever I want to be”, he says. “It provides a platform for me to adequately express myself. My artworks give people an idea of who I am and reflect the way I view both society and humanity as a whole. Art to me is not just a hobby but more of a profession and a technique that I wish to perfect. My journey with art has been a long and lucrative one and my art seeks to speak out to different people regardless of their background and position in life. I use my art as an opportunity to show and display certain weaknesses and social inequalities. I consider my art a gift and I choose not to use it selfishly but share it with everyone around me.”

Caleb has exhibited in various cities in Zambia as well as in a few other countries.

  ...a suivre...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento